That’s the question many may be asking tonight. But before we get to the purple skyline, we want to tell you what’s been happening at Dallas Innovates since our website launched in December.
As many of you know, Dallas Innovates, a collaboration of the Dallas Regional Chamber and D Magazine Partners, is an online media platform showcasing the region as a hub for innovation. We’re bringing you stories about the things that are new, now, and next in the Dallas-Fort Worth innovation scene. These stories are being told by our writers, our advisers, and a growing number of “voices,” local thought leaders who provide industry insight and perspectives.
Among some of our favorites (and yours, too) were:
- Krista Nightengale brought us the story about Reel FX and Polyphonic Spree, which showed us the future of videography.
- Sandra Chapman told us how Dallas scientists are leading the way in brain research.
- Patrick Kobler told us about how Dallas-Fort Worth’s greatest assets are its energetic, talented people.
- Lance Murray brought us the story about the adorable Chihuahua, Sir Joey McGee, and how Dialexa used a 3-D printer and Legos to create a tiny wheelchair.
- Tara Nieuwesteeg’s story introduced us to Jody and Max Wall, who started out growing a handful of vegetables and herbs using an aeroponic garden system and will soon be opening their new store, Urban Farm Co., in South Dallas to help provide healthy, locally grown food to the underserved community.
- And Salah Boukadoum explained how he believes Dallas has a unique opportunity to become the Impact City — one that is at the forefront of developing and deploying solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.
That’s just a small sampling of the stories that are being told through our new platform. There are many more to tell. We’re looking forward to keeping you on the cutting edge of the many great things happening in Dallas-Fort Worth.
Our mission is to showcase the people, the technology, the companies, and the talent that reflect our region as a hub of innovation.
Now let’s get back to our original question: “Why is the skyline purple?”
We live in a city that is collaborative, innovative, and creative. Tonight’s luminous purple skyline will be an example of how the owners of the downtown buildings joined together to show their support for innovation in Dallas-Fort Worth.
For that, we say, “Thank you.”
That said, be sure to look toward downtown Dallas and soak in all its beauty.
As a final note, last year, the Dallas skyline was voted the most beautiful in the world in the USA Today‘s Readers’ Choice contest in 2015. We agree and believe it will be even more stunning all dressed in purple. We hope you do, too.
Please share your purple skyline photos on social media using #DallasInnovates.
For a daily dose of what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth innovation, subscribe to our Dallas Innovates e-newsletter.