A live LEGO brick build, one-on-ones with user experience (UX) experts, a party you don’t want to miss, and a chance to join Team Sabre — it doesn’t get better than that.
Over the years, many of the most compelling presentations and activities at South by Southwest Conferences and Festivals (SXSW) have made this event one to look forward to year after year.
However, among the sessions, mixers, lounges and parties — you shouldn’t overlook the trade show. The trade show is a four-day event that hosts a diverse range of forward-thinking exhibitors, from promising startups to established industry leaders.
Every year, Team Sabre amps up some food for thought for SXSW sessions, but this will be our first time making a trade show presence this big.
- See a legendary LEGO build spread its wings.These colorful plastic bricks can build wonders when put together. This is why we’ve invited a LEGO builder to join us at the trade show to create a life-size model of a 4-foot Airbus A380 commercial airliner made completely of LEGO bricks. The builder will be creating the model over the four-day span of the trade show, so be sure to stop by each day to check the progress.
- UX obsession. Hear all about it from the experts themselves. As a technology company, it shouldn’t be a surprise that UX is one of our favorite topics. We have a team dedicated to making products that our customers love, and we’ll have some members of that team on site to tell attendees all there is to know about UX.
Ken Tabor is one of our developers for TripCase, and author of Responsive Web Design Toolkit: Hammering Websites Into Shape, a book that shows how to better build and debug websites that use responsive technique. He also was invited to do a workshop at SXSW. Tabor’s workshop will cover how to move past obsolete vanity metrics such as page hits and visits to find out how users actually interact with your website. The workshop will be 3:30 to 5:30 p.m., March 11 at the JW Marriott. You’ll need a SXSW Interactive badge to get in.
Brian Sullivan is on our UX team at Sabre and is the author of The Design Studio Method: Creative Problem Solving with UX Sketching, deep dive into creative problem-solving processes that allow for quick generation of ideas, evaluation and achieving the balance between the two.
- TripCase is hosting a FREE party for SXSW 2016, and they’re bringing Austin’s own Bob Schneider with them! The party will be a sweet ending to the SXSW Interactive weekend. There will be drinks and music at the Iron Cactus. RSVP on Eventbrite and download the TripCase app for entry. We’ll see you at the Iron Cactus Mexican Grill and Margarita Bar at 7 p.m., March 13 at 606 Trinity St. in Austin.
- J. Schuh is one of our UX designers, and author of Brilliance: Understanding the Creative Mind, a book that uses illustrations, graphs, and stories to deliver enjoyable lessons on creativity.
- Watch this video to hear from the rest of our UX team.
- Join #TeamSabre.
If you or someone you know is looking for their next big career opportunity, please visit us at the trade show. The Sabre recruiting team will be in full force, looking for those who share a passion for vital technology, fresh thinking and global opportunities.
See you in Austin!
For a daily dose of what’s new and next in Dallas-Fort Worth innovation, subscribe to our Dallas Innovates e-newsletter.